How to root android smartphone with version 8.0 and 8.1We have been recieving requests on how to successfully root android devices running on version 8.1 and 8.0 popularly known as OREO, however you can now root your smartphone easily following the guides here.
However, before we go into detail, you neee to understand what rooting is.
What does rooting means?Rooting can be described as a process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices using the Android OS (operating system) to have full control over various Android subsystems.
You need to understand, it is not something you should do for fun, you should only engage in the process when you have something important that requires rooting on your device, otherwise i will advice you not to root your android phone in order not to lose your warranty, what this mean is that manufacturer are against you rooting your phone and if you have any problem with the phone then your smartphone will be denied warranty.
This is a simple guide that will show you how to root device running on Android 8.0/8.1 Oreo.
Requirement for android rooting
- About 95% of battery charge
- Internet connection
- Back up everything on your phone
- Must have a working USB cable
- Must have an active Computer (PC or MacBook) or Lend from your friend
How To Root android 8.0 and 8.1 Oreo Smartphones1. Download KingoRoot Apk file (pops-up a warning about the KingoRoot app, Tap “OK” to proceed)
2. Install KingoRoot app (if installation is disabled by device, navigate to phone Settings > Security > Unknown sources > Check the box and allow download from unknown source).
3. Once the downloading and Installation is completed, Launch the KingoRoot app and tap “ ONE CLICK ROOT” to begin the process. Be sure you backup your file before this step.
4. Standby for the outcome allow process to reach 100%. If unsuccessful, then try with the KingoRoot PC version below, for it is noted for high success rate of rooting than the manual method on Android smartphone due to some technical reasons
How to Root Using a Computer1. Download KingoRoot For PC
2. Install the exe file and be sure you are still connected to the internet.
3. Launch Kingo root app via the shortcut on the desktop
4. Plug your Android device into your computer via USB cable and enable the “ USB Debugging mode “.
Step 5: Tap on “ROOT” to start the Rooting process
Note that: During this process, you do not touch, move nor unplug your device to avoid disconnection due to shaky USB port or cable. Then exercise patient for the process to complete and your device will be rooted successfully.How Do I check if My device Is Rooted Successfully?
To determine if the android tweak has been successful, use Super SU app from playstore to verify. With the steps above you should be able to root android Oreo version 8.1 succesfully.
If it works for you or you find this helpful, let us know by using the comment box below and you can also drop your questions or feedback as well. You should also help a friend by using the share button below.
#Never give up.......Giving up is meant for cowards