Facts about charcoal︱home use of activated charcoalBefore we go into details you need to have basic understanding about charcoal that made it so important and why it does what it is said to do in this article. Although, it might sound ridiculous or even funny to you, but before you clothume the facts and the use explained in this article are useless, you should try it out and see the magic you will realize from its use.
WHAT IS CHARCOAL?
Charcoal is any substance obtained by partial burning or carbonization (destructive distillation ) of organic material.
But this article will emphasise the charcoal obtained from wood, note that the charcoal here is the one which is obtained under limited supply of oxygen, not the one produced with just burning of a wood in an open air environment. It is also known as activated charcoal.
Now, here are 10 fact you should at least give a try, trust me you will thank me after reading this:
1) FOR SKIN CARESkin infections such as acne (pimples), insect bites,skin rashes e.t.c can be treated with charcoal
Here is how to go about it, grind a lump of charcoal into powder, sieve it, collect the sieved powder into a bowl, make a paste from the powder by mixing it with water, then apply on the affected area for about one hour per day before washing off....(NOTE you can substitute water for aloe vera gel)...Try it and see the miracle.
2) WHITENING OF TEETHStaining and darkening of teeth has become a common day scenario now.
Here is how to go about it, grind a lump of charcoal into powder sieve it , apply the powder on your toothbrush am wash.
Apart from whitenning teeth, it also remove mouth odour, helps bacterias present in th mouth and makes the teeth strong and healthy.
3) STAIN REMOVERStains on tiles, plastic containers, ceramics wares and other hard surfaces can be removed by applying the charcoal powder on the surface for some minutes then wash. Give it a try and see the magic.
4) REFINING BAD SOUPHave you ever been busy not even remembering to warm up your soup and the soup went bad or sour?..Just try this ( atleast you were going to throw it away initially, which means you loose nothing).
Put your soup back on fire, drop a lump of charcoal into the soup , add some water, leave for some minutes to warm and that is it, your soup sour taste is gone the colour returns to normal and the original taste is returned.
5) WATER PURIFICATIONHave you ever fetched water and discover some particled dancing in the water?..Ofcourse the water is not fit for drinking but do not panic charcoal is there for you.
Get the water into a neat container drop a lump of charcoal in it leave for some minutes , this is what happens then charcoal traps a.ll the dirts and particles in the water at the botom of the container and that is it, u can carfully get the clean water out into another container. It also remove fluoride from the water.
6) REMOVAL OF TOXINS FROM THE BODYOff-late a lot of cases of drug-overdose are reported as emergencies at the hospital. As mentioned before, the most common attribute of activated charcoal is removal of toxins or chemicals post ingestion. When an individual takes in excessive of drugs like aspirin, cocaine, opium or consumes organic compounds like pesticides, bleach, pesticides. Activated charcoal can be administered within an hour of ingestion to remove the toxins before the body absorbs it.
7) REMOVAL OF BAD ODOURSome footwear tend to produce bad odour after use, do not get frusrated, all you need to do is just to put a lump of charcoal in the shoe for some minutes, what happens is the charcoal absorbs the odour and leaves your footwear odour free.
8) REDUCTION OF BAD CHOLESTEROLActivated charcoal is also effective in reducing high cholesterol. It has proven to reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol. In one of the cases it showed a decrease of cholesterol by 25% with LDL decreasing by 41% and HDL increasing by 8% in just a month.
It is advised not to consume activated charcoal with two hours of taking any medication as it can restrict the charcoal from absorbing.
9) PREVENTS GAS AND BLOATINGWe all love to consume what we desire. But sometimes eating food can get troublesome if it leads to bloating. With our modern day lifestyle and food habits, eating healthy is a bit of a task.
So all these irregularities in the food habit can cause formation of gas and go bad if not taken care.
Studdies shows that activated charcoal has the capacity to bind all the gases causing elements and prevents formation of intestinal gases. This can help in reducing the bloating and promote digestion. To avoid bloating one needs to take 500 milligrams of activated charcoal mixed with a glcloth of water one hour prior to the gas causing meal. Post consumption, one needs to drink another cup of water for the charcoal to get reacting fast. This will help in preventing the bloating with easily.
10) PREVENTS HANGOVER AND ALCOHOL POISONINGCharcoal can remove the toxins from the supplements that we use along with alcohol. It doesn’t absorb the alcohol, but it can minimize the alcohol content in the blood concentration level when taken along with it. It is administered in cases of medical issues caused by alcohol like acute alcohol poisoning.
#Never give up......Giving up is meant for cowards